Posts Tagged ‘Design’|
Monday, July 27th, 2009
Finally my blog is using a WordPress theme I created myself.
The previous theme was done by a German designer, and even if I really liked it, it had a few problems:
- It wasn’t “mine.” My job is designing user interfaces, it would make sense to design the one of my blog.
- The automatic icons and other things in the sidebars were annoying me.
On top of that, I really wanted to try a few new things:
- CSS3. Not really a lot so far, but if you are using Safari, you can appreciate a little effect on the top navigation.
- Cufón. This is definitely the most noticeable feature. It replaces fonts on-the-fly using canvas and VML. If you are wondering what font I’m using for the headers, it’s called Museo, and you can find it here.
- 960.gs. I’ve never used CSS frameworks before, so I thought my blog could have been a good test field. For sure, for quick projects, I may use it again.
- I also wanted to create a theme simple and easy to use for testing plugins and other things I might work on.
Well, after a weekend of work, here’s the result. Of course I will work on it more in the next few days to smooth out the rough edges.
I hope you guys like it. If not, I guess I’ll live with it.
But, if you feel like dropping a comment, I’d really appreciate it.