I have been thinking about posting my thoughts about the upcoming new Apple device for a while. Because I didn’t have the time to do so, I will just make a list of features I think this device will have:
- It will be shipped in a single size, with 10″ screen
- It will have touch screen and, more important, touch recognition on the back of the case, where the fingers naturally rest when you hold the device
- It will use a dual-core ARM processor produced by Semi PA, an ARM licensee acquired by Apple.
- The OS will be a modified version of iPhone OS, so the final user will only have a superficial access to the device.
- Non optimized iPhone applications will work in iPhone size windows while the optimized one will run in full-screen mode. The device will support multi-tasking.
- It will be offered mobile operator free but it will be mobile operator ready. You will be able to pick the provider of your choice.
- Apple will offer free unlimited wireless connectivity with a MobileMe account to access to limited content like iTunes, iDisk, Mail and other Mobile Me services.
- It will offer unlimited connectivity for subscription applications like magazine and newspapers
- It will have GPS .
- It will not support Adobe Flash.
- It will have a front facing camera, with facial recognition for the users (remember that new feature in iPhoto?)
Tomorrow will find out the truth. I know I will get one no matter what, what about you?